History of the company
OPERATIONAL FLEET OF EASTCOMTRANS LLP CONSISTS OF MORE THAN 13 500 UNITS.
- The operational fleet of Eastcomtrans LLP consists of more than 13 500 units of rolling stock where 12 230 wagons are its own fleet.
- Developed regional network in Kazakhstan. Partners and representative offices in the cities of Russia, Iran and Uzbekistan.
- Eastcomtrans LLP received the first class award of the "HR-brand of Central Asia 2016" in the nomination "Capitals".
- Eastcomtrans LLP became the first project financed by BRK-Leasing JSC in Kazakhstan on terms of Islamic leasing (Ijar).
- Expansion and improvement of customer service and expansion to the markets of neighboring countries. Orientation for the further active development of its own infrastructure.
AWARDING THE PRIZE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN "ALTYN SAPA" IN THE NOMINATION "THE BEST ENTERPRISE PROVIDING SERVICES".
- Increase of the Company's wagon fleet to 12 235 units: 5,995 - oil tanks, 2,803 - gondola cars, 2 102 - gas tanks, 700 - covered wagons, 300 - dumping cars and 200 - shopper cement trucks.
- Conclusion of new contracts with large industrial enterprises of Kazakhstan and Central Asia. Further increase of operational efficiency. Optimization of expenses.
TOTAL NUMBER OF ROLLING STOCK OF EASTCOMTRANS LLP IS 12 900 WAGONS
- As of April 30, 2014, the total number of the rolling stock of Eastcomtrans LLP is 12 900 units, including 300 dumping cars, 135 fitting platforms, 200 cement trucks, 500 covered wagons, 2,205 gas tanks, 2,760 gondola cars and 5,900 oil tanks..
- At present the Company continues its active growth and development, adhering to high standards of quality of services.
ENTERING THE INTERNATIONAL INVESTOR COMPANY AND PLACING EUROBONDS
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), which is part of the World Bank structure, became a member of the Company.
- Eurobond issue on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) for a total of $ 100 mln. The second rating was assigned from the international rating agency Moody's Investor Service at the "B3" level on the international scale, rating outlook is "Stable".
- The company was certified with regard to the provision of freight forwarding services in the rail sector and received a corresponding certificate of compliance.
- Member of the Union of Transport Workers of Kazakhstan "KAZLOGISTICS".
INCREASE OF THE WAGON FLEET AND IMPROVEMENT OF CREDIT RATING
- In the year of its decade, the Company's wagon fleet was increased to 9,782 units thanks to an additional credit line from BNP Paribas bank for the amount of $ 120 million.
- In the same year, the Company's credit rating was increased to "B / Stable" - according to the international scale.
- Eastcomtrans LLP became the largest car operator for Tengizchevroil LLP. Agreements with ArcelorMittal Temirtau, TELF, Azmeco, Aktobe Petrochemical Complex LLP and others were concluded.
ENTRY INTO INTERNATIONAL MARKETS OF CAPITAL AND WORKING IN THE NEW MARKET SEGMENTS
- Financing from an international syndicate of banks led by BNP Paribas for an amount of $ 100 million. Purchase of new wagons.
- Development of new market segments - transportation of coal, rolled metal products, pipes, chemical products, etc.
- Attraction of new customers, such as Standard Gas LLP, Aktobe Oil Refinery LLP, Sibur-Trans CJSC, Litasco JSC, Casting LLP, KSP Steel LLP, Kazuglesnab LLC, Nova Zinc LLP, Yer-Tai LLP and others.
PURCHASE OF 2000 WAGONS INCREASING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ROLLING STOCK TO 5 253 WAGONS.
- Long-term contracts with Zhaikmunai LLP, StanOil and others were concluded.
EXPANSION OF THE WAGON FLLET AND RECEIPT OF CREDIT RATING
- In cooperation with DBK-Leasing JSC continued to increase its own wagon fleet, which at the end of 2009 amounted to 2,822 wagons.
- Status of an individual member of FIATA (International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations) and successful completion of the audit of the Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2008.
- The international rating agency Fitch Ratings has assigned the Company a long-term issuer default rating at B- level according to the international scale, and B + according to the national scale, with "Stable" rating outlook.
DIVERSIFICATION OF CREDIT PORTFOLIO AND OPTIMIZATION OF BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Cooperation with Raiffeisen Leasing Kazakhstan in the issue of purchasing new wagons under the financial leasing scheme.
- The Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2008 was implemented in the Company.
- Active work to diversify the loan portfolio and to reduce the cost of borrowed money. A loan agreement for $ 25 million was concluded with HSBC Bank Kazakhstan JSC.
- The fleet of wagons increased to 2,597 units. Purchase of gas tanks, as well as gondola cars.
MEMBER OF KAZAKHSTAN ASSOCIATION OF CARRIERS AND CAR OPERATORS (KAZAPO)
- Eastcomtrans LLP became a member of the Kazakhstan Association of Carriers and Car Operators (KazAPO) and since then has been actively involved in the work of this organization.
INCREASE OF WAGON FLEET AND DIVERSIFICATION OF OPERATIONAL PORTFOLIO
- During these years, the Company actively diversified its operating portfolio, offering its customers new types of services. As a result, agreements with CNPC Aidan Munai JSC, Tolkynneftegaz LLP, JV Matin LLP, Kazmunai JSC, Samek International, Caspian Oil JSC and others were concluded.
- In 3 years of operation, the company has increased the wagon fleet to 2,025 units, adapted its financial statements to IFRS standards and successfully passed an audit by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
EDUCATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COMPANY
- Eastcomtrans LLP was established by a group of private investors in 2002.
- Initially, the Company purchased 500 units of railway oil tanks, which allowed to start active operations in the Kazakhstan market of operating and leasing railway cars.
Eastcomtrans LLP is the largest privately-owned rolling stock operator in Kazakhstan.